Saturday 12 December 2009

& the scent of burning oil was in the air



In economics, recently I have been studying property rights, and a huge conversation ensued about the film Erin Brockovich. I recently came across this designer Mark Fast and found his Spring/Summer range really interesting. Some of his collection really reminded me of what Sarah of America's Next Top Model Cycle 8 (?) was wearing in an Enrique Iglesias music video. To compare check out his website : z://www.markfast.net/gallery/collections/season/spring_summer_2010 and look at look 1.


My favourite of his Spring/Summer collection is this dress which looks really ready to wear, something I can imagine just seeing out in the city, well my city anyway, which is renowned for its eclectic dress senses. Here's the photo. I found it interesting that he used a plus size model in this industry that is so obsessed with being thin. However, there seems to be a lot more plus-sized models around, I think, (who knows truly, could all be publicity I guess), for example Sarah, from ANTM in the picture above, on the right, was a plus sized model, but ended up losing weight whilst on the show which was really the cause of her demise, interesting thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment